[lime-dev] Fwd: News in libremesh

Gioacchino Mazzurco gio at eigenlab.org
Wed May 15 07:45:11 UTC 2013

 Is p4u receiving mail from the mailing list or there is some problem ?

Subject: News in libremesh
Date: Wednesday 15 May 2013, 00:06:01
From: Pau <hakais at gmail.com>
To: NicoEchániz <nicoechaniz at altermundi.net>, Gioacchino Mazzurco
<gio at eigenlab.org>, Gui Iribarren <gui at altermundi.net>

Hi.
We are currently using the the repositories created in github. I see
Gio added the package for cracking the ath9k regdomain.
I added a dummy package named lime-system with some basic dependences.

If you clone the repository lime-build and type "make T=tl-703n J=2",
it should compile the system with the lime-system enabled and the
dependences.

For the moment only the targets tl-703n and tl-wdr4300 are supported,
but it is just a mather of adding the config files in the
configs/directory
To create them execute
- make T=NEW_TARGET menuconfig
- find the resulting config file in build/configs/NEW_TARGET
- diffconfig it with build/ar71xx/scripts/diffconfig (yes, it should
be added to the Makefile to do it automatically, please volunteeers!!)
- save it to configs/NEW_TARGET

Following this approach we can have kind of useful diferent profiles
for each target. So, some software can fit in devices such as wdr4300
and not in 703n.

I also have been thinking about the network architecture modes (NAM).
I think we should implement some of them and let the administrator
choose (can be different for each community).

- bmx6 + bat-adv in all nodes
- bat-adv in all nodes and bmx6 in the borders (autoloaded)
- bat-adv in all nodes and bmx6 only in the nodes designed by the
administrator

[1] https://github.com/libre-mesh

PS: Do we have mailing list?
--