[lime-dev] magic icmp

Pau pau.escrich at guifi.net
Wed May 15 19:35:19 UTC 2013

I don't think depending on libpcap (which is a known standard) is
something bad, but ok, for me the UDP approach is fine.

However, speaking about performance, take into account that the
magic-icmp code applies a libpcap filter which currently is "icmp6"
and it can be extended to something to filter only icmp6 requests and
comming from a link-local. Since the filter is applied directly to the
libpcap call, the kernel does not copy the non-filtered packets to the
user space.

Cheers