[lime-dev] magic icmp

Axel Neumann neumann at cgws.de
Sun May 19 16:42:59 UTC 2013

On 05/16/2013 10:45 AM, Gioacchino Mazzurco wrote:
> On Thursday 16 May 2013 09:43:49 Axel Neumann wrote:
>> 1) the support of bidirectional tunnel (currently bmx6 uses two
>> unidirectional (one-way tunnels) for
>> gw and network (anycast like) routing over the unicast end-to-end
>> routing between each gw-client to gw peer.
>> These tunnels are setup on-demand (only when gw-client's user traffic is
>> send) and
>> a benefit here would be that gw-client nodes could trigger the setup of
>> these tunnels in both direction
>> and according to the best path perceived by the client.
> so at moment just the tunnel from client to gw is according client perspectve
> and the one from gw to client is according to gw perspective?
> It is not a good thing ?

Yes! Normally it is!
When discussing this we had a specific scenario in mind which was about
connecting different mesh
clouds via GW nodes that would export only an aggregation of the
networks available inside each cloud.
But, actually I dont remember the details of the scenario. Maybe Nico or
Gui do?

/axel