[lime-dev] qmpfw y Chef

SAn spiccinini at altermundi.net
Tue May 21 15:41:47 UTC 2013

Hi!

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 4:09 PM, Pau <pau at dabax.net> wrote:
> Ok for me, we can discuss the details using the mailing list.
>
> The "lime-build" source code in github should work to generate some testing
> images. I copy&paste what I posted in other private mail about that.
>
> If you clone the repository lime-build and type "make T=tl-703n J=2",
> it should compile the system with the lime-system enabled and the
> dependences.
>
> For the moment only the targets tl-703n and tl-wdr4300 are supported,
> but it is just a mather of adding the config files in the
> configs/directory
> To create them execute
> - make T=NEW_TARGET menuconfig
> - find the resulting config file in build/configs/NEW_TARGET
> - diffconfig it with build/ar71xx/scripts/
> diffconfig (yes, it should
> be added to the Makefile to do it automatically, please volunteeers!!)
> - save it to configs/NEW_TARGET
>
> Following this approach we can have kind of useful diferent profiles
> for each target. So, some software can fit in devices such as wdr4300
> and not in 703n.

Thanks for the input Pau. I looked the code and talked yesterday with
guido. We will be doing some tests so we can understand better qmpfw
and how to use it from the chef.

I dont see crearly if using qmpfw as is directly from the web
interface is the way to go, because, like ImageBuilder, there are
multiple points of failure and it seems that a developer eye in the
process is needed. What do you think?

cheers!,
SAn