[lime-dev] qmpfw y Chef

Pau pau at dabax.net
Tue May 21 15:52:45 UTC 2013

It is hard to say, I don't know how Chef is working internally.

The idea is to have the lime-build already prepared (with all the
sources compiles) and then only execute it from the web to generate the
desired image with some small customizations.

However qmpfw (lime-build) was not developed for this scope, it is a
tool for developers to easy compile/modify the sources of the firmware.
Maybe then it is better to use ImageBuilder, I don't know.

Using lime-build, the shell call to compile an image (from the web
interface) would be the next:
make T=tl-wdr4300 P=altermesh build
Where T is the target and P is the profile. The profile is mainly a set
of configuration files (for instance /etc/config/lime-defaults) which
are used by the community (not yet implemented but easy).
To put custom files (for instance a custom /etc/shadow), they should be
written to the files/ directory placed in the root directory of lime-build.

This is all I can say for the moment :-P

--
./p4u