[lime-dev] autconfig/autobuild

Gioacchino Mazzurco gio at eigenlab.org
Mon May 27 19:00:49 UTC 2013

In eigennet firmware we really didn't have a build system, so have an autconfig
script inside the device make a lot of sense, but in libre-mesh we have lime-
build and chef, so were we put the limit between autobuild and autoconfig ?

Autoconfig works well on simple devices like picostation or nanostation, but on
more complex setup like the black tplink is not the good approach, so i was
thinking about completely moving to a build + profile system without or with
minimal autoconfig script on the device

what do you think about that ?