[lime-dev] About branching strategy

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at endefensadelsl.org
Tue Feb 18 01:11:49 UTC 2014

Gioacchino Mazzurco <gio at eigenlab.org> writes:

> On Monday 17 February 2014 17:33:15 Gioacchino Mazzurco wrote:
>> keeping those branch in origin and WELL UPDATED
>
> If I wasn't enough clear, I mean that each of us should push as soon as have
> something committed (I usually push for each commit i do), to make easier to
> follow what is happening to the others :)

hi, we have been using gitflow[0] with good results, and it also allows
publishing feature branches :)

the feature branches are removed when closed/merged, but the --no-ff
makes it easy to spot where a commit comes from because it's not fast
forwarded to the develop branch.  i mean you can see it with a pretty
git log command or visualizers like tig.

[0]: https://github.com/nvie/gitflow

--
:>