[lime-dev] lime doku :mechanism of configuration

3zl Trizonelabs trizonelabs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 12:12:56 UTC 2015

 /usr/bin/lime-config  resp. /usr/lib/lua/lime:
as far we do understand these programs affect uci-config files in
/etc/config/ related to data in /etc/config/lime AND/OR
/etc/config/lime-defaults

list of keywords and their lime-configuration-action  ( complete list ?? )

   config lime <lime config class>
                        system
                               option
                                      hostname
                        network
                               option
                                      primary_interface     <phys-interface>
                               list
                                      protocols
                                             lan          ->
                                             anygw     ->
                                             batman-adv
                                             bmx
                                      resolvers
                                             <DNS ip ipv4>
                                             <DNS-ip ipv6>

                        wifi
                                   option
                                          channel_2ghz
                                          channel_5ghz
                                          ap_ssid
                                          adhoc_bssid
                                          adhoc_mcast_rate
                                          mesh_mesh_fwding
                                          mesh_mesh_id
                                   list
                                          modes
                                                 ap
                                                 adhoc

override / prevail preset config-values

 manual ?????
 autogenerable  ???

it would be very helpful for us and the project if anyone can shed a
profound light on this.

To trace the sourcecode for informations is too time-consuming, so we
wonder if there are any more documentation hidden somewhere.
We do believe, that a project like lime cannot survive without proper
system and user dokumentations and we are willing to start this.
Any kind of help is welcome

regards

3zl(Reinhard)