[lime-dev] documentation

Nicolas Pace nico at libre.ws
Tue Sep 12 12:14:44 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-09-07 at 12:15 +0200, ignifugo at insicuri.net wrote:
> hi,

Hi!!!

> I did a new pull request in lime-web with the translation of howto.

Saw it, thanks for taking the time to translate the docs!!!
Right now the pull request is waiting for other Italian-speaking
contributors to review (@Ilario and @Gio I guess).

> I'm tring also to do a guide of the web interface of LibreMesh.
>
> This is a first idea:
>
> https://uploads.knightlab.com/storymapjs/b6a9a4c44954565a32b64198c73c
> b6e7/16-lime/index.html

Looks nice... although it is not the main interface I would say.
The interface you are documenting is more related to OpenWRT/LEDE than
LibreMesh... but still it is nice that you are getting involved!

If you want to document an interface that is specific to LibreMesh, you
can check: https://github.com/libremesh/lime-app

I would say it is a production-quality software (thanks to @gmarcos87)
but it hasn't been announced yet.

Regretably, we haven't made any automated builds of the lime-app
package (yet!), so you need to build them from sources.

If you have a router with a recent version of LibreMesh, you can try to
install it by doing:

opkg update
opkg install lime-webui-ng-luci
opkg install lime-app

It is still work-in-progress... so YMMV.

> the problem for me is that doc is not to improve, but to write, and
> I'm
> not enough in deep to do these.

Yes... it is defiinitely a different challenge... but a good one if you
want to learn more about LibreMesh.
What do you want to accomplish? Maybe having that clear helps you and
the community to know what you can do :)