[lime-dev] FirstBootWizard Description for Hackathon in Quintana

guifipedro guifipedro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 11:35:21 UTC 2018

I got inspired by chef.libremesh.org and more closely to work of
yanosz that presented in previous battlemesh [1] to do a firmware
based on (erb) templates called temba [2]. Right now serves the
purpose to substitute qMp in Barcelona but it can be greatly adapted
to ANY purpose.

If you want to understand how it works it is probably better that you
try original idea [1] (70 lines of code), and think that is even more
flexible/complex. For example, it contains a form ror app so users can
generate its own firmware.

The strong idea about this is to get an openwrt firmware ready to go
and capable of doing mesh. So if the firmware is well done, the user
don't need to enter the antena to do any configuration. Also, as the
final configuration is the initial configuration, you can use the
"first boot" and is robust to electrical discharges. In case user
enters the antenna things got changed effectively

That's it, I'm sharing it here if you guys find something useful for your design

[1] https://github.com/yanosz/mesh_testbed_generator/
[2] https://gitlab.com/guifi-exo/temba