[lime-users] Picostation M2 configure Wan

Ilario iochesonome at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 11:12:11 UTC 2016

> I upgraded my Picostation M2 with
> http://builds.libre-mesh.org/community_chaos/16.07/ar71xx/generic/openwrt-15.05.1-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-bullet-m-squashfs-factory.bin
>
> I don't find where to configure WAN for ETH0. It seems to me the interface
> is missing and I don't know how to create.

Hi!
By default in OpenWrt the ethernet port in PicoStation is not set as
WAN so you will have to add some configuration in the /etc/config/lime
file.
As documented in /etc/config/lime-example under "Network interface
specific options" you should add something like:

config net ethernet_port_wan
    option linux_name 'eth0' # or whatever name has that ethernet interface
    list protocols 'wan'

in the /etc/config/lime file, then issue the "lime-config" command
which reads and generates the configuration, finally a reboot.
Remember that setting the ethernet port as WAN will enable a dhcp
client on it and won't have a static IP anymore (obviously) but will
still have an IPv6 link local [1] even if you don't plug it to a dhcp
server.
Bye!
Ilario

[1] to connect to a IPv6 link local address follow the instruction
under "Unable to establish Ethernet connection" in this page
(instructions for Linux)
http://libremesh.org/docs/troubleshooting.html