[lime-users] 802.11s config

Gui Iribarren gui at altermundi.net
Wed May 3 20:54:32 UTC 2017

On 03/05/17 20:35, Nk via lime-users wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I’m trying to test 802.11s on TP-LINK Archer C7 especially since I can’t
> get Ad-hoc working on 5GHz [I’ve read the thread where they got it
> working, but don’t want to do a super-custom config for this, AND I’m
> very interested in trying 802.11s also since I read it’s probably the
> future of LiMe (p4u also personally wrote this to me in the past)].
>
> I’ve tried taking the basic 1607 config and adding
>
> list modes ‘ieee80211s'
>

> but it doesn’t work. I’ve tried messing around with the
>
> option mesh_mesh_fwding '0'
> option mesh_mesh_id 'LiMe'
>

> options but I must be doing something wrong. Could someone tell me the
> exact diff that must be applied to get this working? I am including both
> *wpad* and *authsae* as packages and removing woad-mini.

5 months ago i helped a friend (drebs) to run a couple of archer c7 with
LiMe 16.07. It was definitely not trivial.
The default firmware shipped with chaos calmer for ath10k doesn't
support mesh mode. You have to use a very specific version mentioned in
https://github.com/o11s/open80211s/wiki/ath10k-(802.11ac)-for-Mesh-Support
"firmware-5.bin_10.2.4.70.6-2"
netifd also doesn't properly set up 80211s interfaces, and they come up
without HT speeds

past that, the /etc/config/lime change is trivial (basically, replace
adhoc with ieee80211s)

complete diff i did:
https://chef.altermundi.net/diff/libremeshorg-1607/kalungas-1607/

(i didn't mess with wpad or whatever)