[lime-users] Internet traffic not going through

Ilario Gelmetti iochesonome at gmail.com
Tue May 16 21:28:04 UTC 2017

On 05/14/2017 02:00 PM, Nk via lime-users wrote:
> *Kernel:*
>
> Sun May 14 10:48:36 2017 daemon.err uhttpd[802]: Warning - mac already
> known (changing name from 'LiMe-40de0b_anygw' to 'LiMe-d51ac8_anygw'):
> aa:aa:aa:0d:fe:aa
> Sun May 14 10:48:36 2017 daemon.err uhttpd[802]: Warning - mac already
> known (changing name from 'LiMe-d51ac8_br-lan' to 'LiMe-d51ac8_eth0'):
> 18:a6:f7:d5:1a:c8
>
> There seem to be a heck of a lot of MAC ALREADY KNOWS errors.

Yep indeed... Another strange thing worth to debug :)

> BATMAN page shows the gateway node in originators and *not* in gateways,
> but that also happens when everything works, I’ve never seen the
> gateways table populated.

Yep, that's a known problem we will have to solve before next stable
release:
https://github.com/libremesh/lime-packages/issues/110

> *Only fix is a reboot*, can’t figure out any other process to restart.
> Sometimes even that is not enough, and I need to restart the actual
> gateway node.

That's an interesting thing to debug, I have not a clue right now.
Maybe related to the strange kernel message?

> I absolutely realize I’m sucking up a lot of energies and asking a lot
> of questions.

Not a problem! These are very interesting questions :D

> As promised, I’ve donated 100€ to support the project on Tip4Commit.
> I’ll be sure to come back for more as soon as possible.

OMG RLY???
This is the biggest donation we ever received!!!!!!
https://tip4commit.com/github/libremesh/lime-packages

> As mentioned, we’re starting now to deploy test firmware on about 40
> nodes that spread around 300 houses.

Wow amazing!!
Bye!
Ilario