[lime-users] archer c50 + cooking for mediatek

Pau pau at dabax.net
Thu May 18 08:40:23 UTC 2017

On 17/05/17 23:06, bruno vianna wrote:
> Hello everyone (and Pau specially)
>
> In our efforts to replace the wdr3500/3600 as the most accessible dual
> band routers, I came across tp-link archer c50, which is pretty
> inexpensive in Brazil.
>
> The SoC is a MediaTek MT7620A, so before buying one I tried to cook an
> image for mediatek with the command:
>
>  ./cooker -c mediatek/generic --profile=Default --flavor=lime_default
>
> But after a while it fails. The log file is attached. Any help is appreciated!
>
> Bruno

Hi Bruno.

You can see the available targets on cooker by executing:

./cooker --targets

The target for Archer C50 is ramips/mt7620 not mediatek/generic.

Then you can see the available profiles of targets executing:

./cooker --profiles=ramips/mt7620

Here you can find the current precompiled binaries:

http://repo.libremesh.org/lime-17.04/targets/ramips/mt7620/ArcherC50/

Cheers.

PS: let us know please if Archer C50 works fine