[lime-users] libremesh over old picostation2HP.

Ilario Gelmetti iochesonome at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 15:43:04 UTC 2018

On 11/6/18 1:52 PM, faracigiuseppe wrote:
> Il 06/11/18 13:19, Kleper ha scritto:
>> You can use the bulletM firmware.
>>
>> El mar., 6 nov. 2018 a las 7:13, faracigiuseppe
>> (<faracigiuseppe70 at tiscali.it <mailto:faracigiuseppe70 at tiscali.it>>)
>> escribió:
>>
>>     good morning to all, I have a  picostation 2hp with ath25 chip is
>>     there
>>     a working version of libremesh? ps I tried Openwrt 18.06.1 and it
>>     works well
>
> hi fernando, I thought that the firmware for the bulletM only runs on
> chip ar71, now I try.

Hi Giuseppe!
The old non-M Ubiquiti Picostation 2HP is supported by ath25 which is
not currently in the targets we compile LibreMesh for.
That's why you can find it on OpenWrt downloads website but not on the
LibreMesh one.
You will have to compile that on your PC using lime-sdk
https://github.com/libremesh/lime-sdk

It works even if ath25 is not in the supported targets.
The command for lime-sdk/cooker should be something like:
./cooker -c ath25/generic --profile=ubnt2-pico2 --flavor=lime_mini

This old device has just 4 MB of flash memory, so you will have to use
either the lime-mini (without package manager, as in the example above)
or the lime-zero (without web interface).
The real real problem is that this device has just 16 MB of RAM memory.
That's why it's not really supported by LibreMesh.
But you can try it anyway, expect instability. Maybe removing some more
LibreMesh components you could manage to fit it in that small RAM.
Ciao!
Ilario

@pau @aparcar, the --remote of cooker in master branch of lime-sdk does
not work for me because this directory disappeared
http://repo.libremesh.org/current/packages/mips_mips32/